Re: [perl #132894] Blead Breaks CPAN:MAROS/DateTime-Format-CLDR-1.19.tar.gz

February 21, 2018 21:44
Message ID: wrote:
>The t/011_nanosecond.t of DateTime-Format-CLDR-1.19 test started to
>fail at some point between 5.27.8 and 5.27.9.

Fails for me in that manner on both 5.27.8 and 5.27.9.  On my test perls,
it fails in this manner on all perls from 5.21.4 onwards.  So this
doesn't look like a current BBC.

On older perls I see it failing on some versions and passing on other
versions in a really unusual pattern, which makes me suspect that it
actually depends on which version of some other module is installed,
perhaps DateTime::Locale.  (DT:F:CLDR is failing where there's a new
DT:L and succeeding where there's an old one.  I have an old DT:L
on some versions because the new DT:L's deps have porting problems.)
But there's also some dependence on the floating point format: prior to
5.21.4 I only see the failures on nvtype=double builds, while it succeeds
on nvtype=long double builds regardless of the versions of other modules.
(The failures from 5.21.4 happen regardless of nvtype.)

I'll look some more.