Release 5.27.9 is available now!

From:
Renee B
Date:
February 20, 2018 20:50
Subject:
Release 5.27.9 is available now!
Message ID:
92b83369-469d-5aac-1c31-fa1e3f4d465f@perl-services.de
Poirot was an extraordinary looking little man. He was hardly more
than five feet, four inches, but carried himself with great dignity.
His head was exactly the shape of an egg, and he always perched it
a little on one side. His moustache was very stiff and military.
The neatness of his attire was almost incredible. I believe a
speck of dust would have caused him more pain than a bullet wound.
Yet this quaint dandified little man who, I was sorry to see, now
limped badly, had been in his time one of the most celebrated members
of the Belgian police. As a detective, his flair had been extraordinary,
and he had achieved triumphs by unravelling some of the most baffling
cases of the day.
  He pointed out to me the little house inhabited by him and his fellow
Belgians, and I promised to go and see him at an early date. Then he
raised his hat with a flourish to Cynthia, and we drove away.
  "He's a dear little man," said Cynthia. "I'd no idea you knew him."
  "You've been entertaining a celebrity unawares," I replied.
  And, for the rest of the way home, I recited to them the various
exploits and triumphs of Hercule Poirot.

    -- Agatha Christie, The Mysterious Affair at Styles, p. 14

We are 'pleased' to announce version 5.27.9,
the tenth development release of version 27 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.27.9 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/RENEEB/perl-5.27.9/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

 d2508d0f3f761cf06260dda54c3ae22314ad9d7c   perl-5.27.9.tar.gz
 6f31cd1f524fa37e29b0d8512bacf8e351fd4683   perl-5.27.9.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/RENEEB/perl-5.27.9/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.27.9 represents approximately 5 weeks of development since Perl
5.27.8 and contains approximately 29,000 lines of changes across 360 files
from 26 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
approximately 13,000 lines of changes to 250 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its third decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.27.9:

Aaron Crane, Abigail, Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Craig A. Berry, Dagfinn
Ilmari Mannsåker, David Mitchell, Father Chrysostomos, George Hartzell,
H.Merijn Brand, Hugo van der Sanden, James E Keenan, Jerry D. Hedden, Karl
Williamson, Matthew Horsfall, Pali, Reini Urban, Sawyer X, Slaven Rezic,
Steve Hay, Todd Rinaldo, Tomasz Konojacki, Tom Wyant, Tony Cook, Yves Orton,
Zefram.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues to
the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
see the F<AUTHORS> file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 27.9 on March 20th, 2018.
The next major stable release of Perl 5, version 28.0, should
appear in May 2018.

Kind regards,
Renée