[perl #132867] t/io/openpid.t makes test harness sluggish; reducesleep time

James E Keenan
February 14, 2018 15:46
[perl #132867] t/io/openpid.t makes test harness sluggish; reducesleep time
Message ID:
# New Ticket Created by  James E Keenan
# Please include the string:  [perl #132867]

When you run 'make test_harness' often enough, you quickly become aware
that, despite setting $TEST_JOBS to an appropriate value, certain test
files are slow and block the forward movement of the harness.  The first
such file I notice is t/io/openpid.t, which contains two commands which
each sleep for 30 seconds.

The amount of 'sleep' requested has been unchanged since commit c8fc8fb0
in 2003.  Do we still need to sleep so much?  If not, please review
patch attached.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan