[perl #132851] Empty pattern-match modifiers should be documented

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
February 11, 2018 01:13
Subject:
[perl #132851] Empty pattern-match modifiers should be documented
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-24874-1518311544-1441.132851-15-0@perl.org
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 00:30:52 GMT, choroba@cpan.org wrote:
> This is a bug report for perl from choroba@cpan.org,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.41 running under perl 5.27.9.

> [Please describe your issue here]
>
> "perlre" introduces the (?) construct with
>
> Zero or more embedded pattern-match modifiers, to be turned on (or
> turned off...)
>
> But, in fact, it's possible to specify an empty list of modifiers.
>
> See http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=1208872 for more details.
>
> Patch to the documentation attached.

Assuming that this behavior is acceptable and should be documented as such, we should probably also add a unit test of the behavior.

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new