[perl #132851] Empty pattern-match modifiers should be documented

James E Keenan via RT
February 11, 2018 01:13
[perl #132851] Empty pattern-match modifiers should be documented
Message ID:
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 00:30:52 GMT, wrote:
> This is a bug report for perl from,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.41 running under perl 5.27.9.
> [Please describe your issue here]
> "perlre" introduces the (?) construct with
> Zero or more embedded pattern-match modifiers, to be turned on (or
> turned off...)
> But, in fact, it's possible to specify an empty list of modifiers.
> See for more details.
> Patch to the documentation attached.

Assuming that this behavior is acceptable and should be documented as such, we should probably also add a unit test of the behavior.

James E Keenan (

via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new