Re: Moderation

From:
Georg Moritz
Date:
February 10, 2018 17:11
Re: Moderation
Message ID:
alpine.DEB.1.00.1802101800540.3529@mail.mgm-net.de
From the keyboard of Ricardo Signes [10.02.18,11:44]:

> * Andreas Koenig <andreas.koenig.7os6VVqR@franz.ak.mind.de> [2018-02-09T01:18:59]
[...]
>> 18. would you agree that the border between acceptable and unacceptable
>>     behaviour is not cast in stone and for this reason the moderation
>>     team might decide wrongly, at least occasionally? Which part of the
>>     moderation system would automatically correct such potentially wrong
>>     decisions?
>
> As with any decision, mistakes can be made.  I hope that the moderators will
> remain open-minded to reasoned arguments from the group.  So, the answer to
> "which part" is "the part where decisions are made publicly in a large room
> full of people who care and try to help."

emphasizing the "automatically" in "which part", I guess an at-job would
do. Issuing a ban, an at-job could be set up to remove it after expiry.
Unless further $foo, that is, upon which that job may be cancelled.

As for "the border between acceptable and unacceptable behaviour is not
cast in stone", this list is open for discussion, i.e. change requests
are welcome to be pondered.

0--gg-

--