Re: Moderation

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
February 9, 2018 23:18
Re: Moderation
Message ID:
CAHhgV8jwkYZvit2_b-Ly=5vbzVemmQuDuQ-xmKT+7ztGLJhiUQ@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 10:48 PM, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:
> To me it is a bunch of leading and accusatory questions, impolitely
> framed, some of which are no better than "When did you stop beating
> your wife?".
>
> I can think of 500 ways to ask the same questions without sounding
> like an episode of Supreme Court.

To me it read laconic. It may be a translational issue (German has
that tendency IME).

> Sawyer and the moderators do a thankless task and they deserve better than that.
>
> FWIW, I am well aware that Andreas also does a thankless task, and
> fully respect him as a long term major contributor in our community.
>
> I just do not feel like anyone has the right to demand such answers
> from the Pumpking or Moderators.

I obviously can't speak for the moderators (or anyone else), but if
they do feel like that about this then that's exactly the sort of
thing that ought to be part of that empathic dialogue that I
mentioned. It's obvious this list is going through a rather tense
period lately, but digging trenches isn't going to resolve that. Only
talking will.

Leon