Re: Moderation

From:
Jon Bird
Date:
February 9, 2018 22:34
Re: Moderation
Message ID:
EEAD65FF-7E00-4C24-B125-F8A3BE0F5148@mdx.ac.uk
PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM THIS EMAIL LIST.
Jon Bird

On 09/02/2018, 21:48, "demerphq" <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:

    On 9 February 2018 at 21:23, Leon Timmermans <fawaka@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 10:32 AM, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> I don't think you have the right to expect answers to questions framed
    >> this way. Who appointed you special prosecutor?
    >
    > A prosecutor implies an accusation, and I don't think he does that.
    > Most of these questions are essentially a call for transparency around
    > the moderation process. Above all I would read this as "I'm
    > concerned"; and quite frankly the answer I would hope for is an
    > empathic dialogue. Because the implicit hope behind "I'm concerned" is
    > "I hope you can reassure me".

    To me it is a bunch of leading and accusatory questions, impolitely
    framed, some of which are no better than "When did you stop beating
    your wife?".

    I can think of 500 ways to ask the same questions without sounding
    like an episode of Supreme Court.

    Sawyer and the moderators do a thankless task and they deserve better than that.

    FWIW, I am well aware that Andreas also does a thankless task, and
    fully respect him as a long term major contributor in our community.

    I just do not feel like anyone has the right to demand such answers
    from the Pumpking or Moderators.

    Just as I feel no-one would have the right to demand such answers from
    him if he had to make a difficult and socially contentious decision
    about PAUSE.

    Yves