Re: Moderation

From:
demerphq
Date:
February 9, 2018 21:49
Re: Moderation
Message ID:
CANgJU+VVZfYt2T4Vb1Sbq05A5dMtTxLcNe1+PMhzpMrDpE48GQ@mail.gmail.com
On 9 February 2018 at 21:23, Leon Timmermans <fawaka@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 10:32 AM, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't think you have the right to expect answers to questions framed
>> this way. Who appointed you special prosecutor?
>
> A prosecutor implies an accusation, and I don't think he does that.
> Most of these questions are essentially a call for transparency around
> the moderation process. Above all I would read this as "I'm
> concerned"; and quite frankly the answer I would hope for is an
> empathic dialogue. Because the implicit hope behind "I'm concerned" is
> "I hope you can reassure me".

To me it is a bunch of leading and accusatory questions, impolitely
framed, some of which are no better than "When did you stop beating
your wife?".

I can think of 500 ways to ask the same questions without sounding
like an episode of Supreme Court.

Sawyer and the moderators do a thankless task and they deserve better than that.

FWIW, I am well aware that Andreas also does a thankless task, and
fully respect him as a long term major contributor in our community.

I just do not feel like anyone has the right to demand such answers
from the Pumpking or Moderators.

Just as I feel no-one would have the right to demand such answers from
him if he had to make a difficult and socially contentious decision
about PAUSE.

Yves