Re: [Encode] 2.95 released!

From:
Steve Hay via perl5-porters
Date:
February 8, 2018 17:53
Re: [Encode] 2.95 released!
Message ID:
CADED=K4v5WQ3R7+aTu1xV4q2RcZFT=jriZubqfrHe7PZrgRmDA@mail.gmail.com
On 8 February 2018 at 17:42, Karl Williamson <public@khwilliamson.com> wrote:
> On 02/08/2018 10:37 AM, Steve Hay wrote:
>>
>> On 8 February 2018 at 16:40, Karl Williamson <public@khwilliamson.com>
>> wrote:

>>> What I sent to Dan passed all tests in the p5p test suite.  I don't know
>>> what he may have changed before releasing
>>

>> I've just given it a whirl (using the attached patch) and as predicted
>> I find porting/cmp_version.t fails two tests:
>>
>> C:\Dev\Git\perl\t>.\perl harness porting\cmp_version.t
>> porting/cmp_version.t .. 1/79 # not ok 2 -
>> cpan/Encode/Unicode/Unicode.pm version 2.16
>> porting/cmp_version.t .. 2/79 # not ok 3 - cpan/Encode/encoding.pm version
>> 2.21
>> porting/cmp_version.t .. Failed 2/79 subtests
>>
>> Test Summary Report
>> -------------------
>> porting/cmp_version.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 79 Failed: 2)
>>    Failed tests:  2-3
>> Files=1, Tests=79, 10 wallclock secs ( 0.06 usr +  0.00 sys =  0.06 CPU)
>> Result: FAIL
>>

> So what to do.  Create a customized blead version?

In the past when this has happened Dan has kindly rolled out a new
version with the appropriate $VERSIONs ++'ed.

Please can you do that for us again, Dan? It should work fine in blead
with no customizations if you make a 2.96 in which Unicode.pm and
encoding.pm have their $VERSIONs ++'ed (and Encode.pm too, of course,
since it will be a new CPAN release).

(The idea here is simply that in each release of blead there should be
a $VERSION bump in each .pm file that is changed (or for which the
corresponding .xs file is changed) in that release, which seems quite
reasonable to me.)