Re: [perl #132822] Blead Breaks CPAN:JETTERO/Games-RolePlay-MapGen-1.5008.tar.gz

From:
Zefram
Date:
February 8, 2018 12:26
Re: [perl #132822] Blead Breaks CPAN:JETTERO/Games-RolePlay-MapGen-1.5008.tar.gz
Message ID:
20180208122550.GJ1696@fysh.org
Sawyer X wrote:
>Any chance you could provide a suggestion on how to cleanly resolve it
>so we could communicate that to the module author?

There are many options:

* check for nul in the string before -f, always treating nul-containing
  strings as data strings;

* discriminate between pathnames and data entirely based on looking like
  a data string, with no -f check at all;

* suppress that category of warning in some narrow scope around -f;

* drop the dual-use interface in favour of separate interfaces for
  pathnames and data strings.

-zefram