Re: [perl #132810] Blead Breaks CPAN:KYZ/Test-MockCommand-0.03.tar.gz

From:
Zefram
Date:
February 6, 2018 16:34
Re: [perl #132810] Blead Breaks CPAN:KYZ/Test-MockCommand-0.03.tar.gz
Message ID:
20180206163416.GG1696@fysh.org
Leon Timmermans wrote:
>This essentially changed the prototype of a keyword. I don't think
>that sort of breaking change should happen without a proper discussion
>about it.

Almost any bugfix runs the risk that something was relying on the buggy
behaviour.  It's impossible to predict which ones in particular will
break something on CPAN.  It would be impossibly cumbersome to have the
kind of discussion you're proposing about every bugfix.

-zefram