[perl #132802] Error when compiling perl on windows 8.1 inlib\unicore\mktables

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
February 2, 2018 23:43
Subject:
[perl #132802] Error when compiling perl on windows 8.1 inlib\unicore\mktables
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-4073-1517614945-726.132802-15-0@perl.org
On Fri, 02 Feb 2018 13:28:50 GMT, maxpucci@virgilio.it wrote:
> This is a bug report for perl from maxpucci@virgilio.it,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.40 running under perl 5.27.9.
>
> When I try to compile perl on windows 8.1 64bit with Microsoft visual
> studio 2015
> I have this error:
>
> Processing VerticalOrientation.txt
> Finishing processing Unicode properties
> Compiling Perl properties
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0xff'
> Stop.
>
> Debugging mktables I found the error is on line 15397:
> $current_age->add_note("See also $in");
> Commenting this line perl compiles.

Also, do you have any idea as to when you were last able to build perl successfully on this platform?

If so, you could try bisecting with something like this (assuming you knew that tag v5.27.4 built okay):
#####
perl Porting/bisect.pl --start=v5.27.4
#####

Thank you very much.