Re: Name that regnode

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
January 30, 2018 05:36
Re: Name that regnode
Message ID:
4aebfd8c-32ad-0564-40b8-58c501ce9809@khwilliamson.com
On 01/25/2018 10:37 AM, Father Chrysostomos wrote:
> Karl Williamson wrote:
>> But I don't like the name I came up with for this regnode, MASKED.  I'm
>> open to suggestions for a better name.
>
> Existing char classes use ANYOF.  Maybe ANYOFMASK?  ANYPERMASK?

I modified your first suggestion slightly to ANYOFM.

I now have some performance numbers:

  Key:
          Ir   Instruction read
          Dr   Data read
          Dw   Data write
          COND conditional branches
          IND  indirect branches

      The numbers represent raw counts per loop iteration.

      Results of ('b' x 10000) . 'a' =~ /[Aa]/

                blead    mask Ratio %
          Ir 153132.0 25636.0   597.3
          Dr  40909.0  2155.0  1898.3
          Dw  20593.0   593.0  3472.7