Re: [perl #132774] Segfault when accessing pad_compname_type

From:
Zefram
Date:
January 30, 2018 04:50
Re: [perl #132774] Segfault when accessing pad_compname_type
Message ID:
20180130045027.GK22873@fysh.org
Eugen Konkov wrote:
>But when we try to access to pad_compname_type we will get SEGFAULT

Not a bug.  pad_compname_type() is explicitly documented to refer to
the *currently-compiling* pad; it's not for the runtime pad.  Likewise,
PL_comppad_name is only documented to be meaningful during compilation.
Initialising PL_comppad_name during ordinary runtime would be a waste
of effort.  If you really want access to the pad names for the currently
executing sub, you can get there via CvPADLIST.

-zefram