Re: Unreachable code in sources intoduced few days ago

From:
Father Chrysostomos
Date:
January 25, 2018 17:23
Re: Unreachable code in sources intoduced few days ago
Message ID:
20180125172303.26646.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
KES wrote:
> 1. The code on line 1178 at pp_hot.c makes code on lines 1182-1184 never reachable.
> Commits on either lines were made few days ago

Please cite commits whenever citing line numbers.  I assume you mean
as of commit v5.27.8-10-gef7498d.

That unreachable code, in S_pushav, I had already fixed, in commit
0f3591f944, by the time I read your message.

> 2. When mentioned lines were introduced into S_pushav by commit:fd77b29b3b this
>  makes S_pushav same as code on lines: 5202-5225 at pp_hot.c
> Will it be safe to replace 5202-5225 lines by call to S_pushav?

No, because pp_entersub should not be checking
PL_op->op_flags & OPf_MOD.

> 3. Also code at pp_ctl.c:2884-2904 almost similar to S_pushav.

pp_goto

> Probably, with some sort of optimization it maybe replaced by call to S_pushav
> too

The same thing concerning OPf_MOD applies.