Re: [perl #132732] use if - behaviour does not match documentation

From:
Dan Book
Date:
January 24, 2018 20:17
Re: [perl #132732] use if - behaviour does not match documentation
Message ID:
CABMkAVWgYKBQMrMw2bJm6q9VNL-v8uZbcA7XONt-1S=zFnPonA@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 3:12 PM, James E Keenan via RT <
perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:

> Noted.  But please run the attached file.  To the best of my understanding
> of the 'if' documentation, the tests in the third block of the file should
> pass, i.e., they should catch exceptions and set $@.  They are not doing
> so?  What are we missing?

 The 'unimport' method (actually implemented in the 'bits' method) of re.pm
does not appear to have any logic for 'unimporting' functions. It only has
reverse logic for the 'debug', 'strict', and flag parameters.

-Dan