Re: [perl #132648] Cwd: different return values between pure perland XS variants

From:
Zefram
Date:
January 17, 2018 21:16
Re: [perl #132648] Cwd: different return values between pure perland XS variants
Message ID:
20180117211532.GE22873@fysh.org
Findings from debugging output provided by Tony:

* rmdir() succeeds in making the directory's former name unresolvable.

* Cygwin uses the XS implementation for its getcwd(), not _backtick_pwd()
  as the code seems to prefer.

* both the XS getcwd() and _backtick_pwd() produce the erroneous result.

* behind the XS getcwd(), the core's getcwd_sv() and libc's getcwd(3)
  produce the erroneous result.

This is fixable, but it's got more complicated than I'm willing to
squeeze into the present ticket.  I've therefore made cwd_enoent.t just
skip on Cygwin, and opened [perl #132733] regarding getcwd() erroneously
producing a non-error result.

-zefram