Re: [perl #132648] Cwd: different return values between pure perland XS variants

From:
Zefram
Date:
January 16, 2018 08:24
Re: [perl #132648] Cwd: different return values between pure perland XS variants
Message ID:
20180116082358.GM22873@fysh.org
Tony Cook wrote:
>Having to record that the directory (or file) is marked deleted and
>not make it available to getcwd(), open(), opendir(), unlink() etc

That's not what I'm proposing, and would be totally unworkable.

If rmdir(2) doesn't actually succeed in removing the directory
(immediately), then I'll add a check for that in cwd_enoent.t, skipping
the tests if the directory didn't go away.  If rmdir() does remove the
directory and pwd(1) emits a name that can't be used, then I'll add a
check for that in _backtick_pwd(), to prevent it returning an unusable
name.

-zefram