Re: [perl #132648] Cwd: different return values between pure perland XS variants

From:
Tony Cook
Date:
January 16, 2018 07:58
Re: [perl #132648] Cwd: different return values between pure perland XS variants
Message ID:
20180116075750.i3rgdkpgevpef5no@mars.tony.develop-help.com
On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 05:50:47AM +0000, Zefram wrote:
> Tony Cook wrote:
> >I suspect this will be WONTFIX at the cygwin level.
>
> I'd still like to know which bug it is that they won't fix.

Well, remembering cygwin is built on top of Win32, and if I'm reading
the code correctly, rather than calling the RemoveDirectory() API,
which fails on "open" directories, cygwin calls NtSetInformationFile()
to mark the directory to be deleted once it's closed.

Having to record that the directory (or file) is marked deleted and
not make it available to getcwd(), open(), opendir(), unlink() etc
might be considered too much work for too little return.

Tony