[perl #132653] Step-by-step debugging do not work for if elsif elsif

From:
Sawyer X via RT
Date:
December 28, 2017 14:56
Subject:
[perl #132653] Step-by-step debugging do not work for if elsif elsif
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-31293-1514473014-394.132653-15-0@perl.org
On Thu, 28 Dec 2017 06:14:55 -0800, slaven@rezic.de wrote:
> "Sawyer X via RT" <perlbug-followup@perl.org> writes:
>
> > Determined not a bug. Rejecting ticket.
>
> IMHO this issue is valid. The current behavior represents bad user
> experience. Perl's internal representation is irrelevant here.

This can be a wishlist item for the debugger, but it is not a bug with the language. It is just the way the language is.

I'm not sure it's possible to accomplish, though. Dave, what do you think?

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: rejected