Re: Revisiting smart match

From:
Renee B
Date:
December 26, 2017 08:38
Re: Revisiting smart match
Message ID:
004b4881-f9c9-f967-d13f-ac3c37dd6486@perl-services.de
That so many CPAN module start failing with the changes is a strong vote
to keep at least some parts of smartmatch/given/when. That many authors used
it, is a sign that this is a long wanted feature. And I guess that many
DarkPAN authors use some things from smartmatch (I know some used
"given($var) { when (1) {} when ('string') {}").

Why not keep the simple things that are often used and remove the more
obscure stuff?

Leon mentioned said that the users should be asked. And I strongly agree
with him.

Just my 2 cents.

Kind regards,
Renée