CPAN-river-1000: failures as of perl-5.27.7

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
December 22, 2017 03:00
Subject:
CPAN-river-1000: failures as of perl-5.27.7
Message ID:
20171222030038.23493.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
Attached you will find some data measuring the impact of the
last four monthly Perl 5 development releases on the
so-called 'CPAN river'.  Specifically, you will find data on
those distributions among the 'top 1000' of the CPAN river
which received a grade of 'FAIL' when I tried to install
them with 'cpanm' against either the most recent dev release,
perl-5.27.7, or the next to most recent dev release, perl-5.27.6.
(By including distributions with a 'FAIL' in either of the
last two releases, we capture any which are no longer broken
in dev.  3 distros were "healed" over the past month -- but the
number of FAILs increased from 13 to 23.)

Excluded from consideration for this list are distributions
graded 'NA' -- typically, distributions for which necessary
external dependencies are not installed or which are
inappropriate for the operating system (Linux) on which
'cpanm' was being run.  Also excluded from consideration are
distributions graded 'UNKNOWN'.

Anyone who wishes to follow up on this data or help me
further develop analyses like this should contact me.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan