Re: Urgent subroutine signatures problems

From:
Father Chrysostomos
Date:
December 21, 2017 21:45
Re: Urgent subroutine signatures problems
Message ID:
20171221214534.22176.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
Sawyer X wrote:
> On 12/14/2017 06:10 AM, Father Chrysostomos wrote:
> > Paul Evans wrote:
> >> Ah; in that case I guess the only real option is to allow :lvalue
> >> upfront, before the signature then.
> >>
> >>   sub foo :lvalue ($self) { $self->{foo} }
> > Yes.  I this is my (and Zefram's) preferred syntax, because it
> > stresses the fact that the signature is actually part of body, just
> > written shorthand.
>
> This is simpler to resolve. We can allow subroutine attributes before
> and after.

But what do we do with attributes that affect compilation?  Should we
croak when the attribute is seen after the signature?  That would be
the cleanest way I think.

> The biggest problem is disambiguating from prototypes.

I consider that problem already solved, via the :prototype attribute.