is PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS maintained?

From:
Zefram
Date:
December 19, 2017 06:50
Subject:
is PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS maintained?
Message ID:
20171219064958.GX25404@fysh.org
Is the PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS option tested, maintained, etc.?  I see a couple
of flaws in it that imply that it can't have been recently compiled on the
full range of systems we port to.  Specifically, I see that iperlsys.h
refers to struct sockaddr without a HAS_SOCKET guard, and that the
third parameter to PerlSock_accept() is of type int* but it gets fed
Sock_size_t* arguments (with Sock_size_t having been properly probed).
I also see that some significant I/O syscalls, specifically fcntl(),
are not indirected through this mechanism.

If PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS has rotted, we should delete the code for a
maintainability win.

-zefram