Re: Revisiting smart match

From:
Karen Etheridge
Date:
December 18, 2017 20:37
Re: Revisiting smart match
Message ID:
CAPJsHfAdmLa5ABwPM+ozM+2Jdd6aybnfQTU+56ae_PHL1zRpxA@mail.gmail.com
FWIW, these .gitconfig entries are all helpful to keeping conflict
resolution to a minimum:

[rebase]
    autostash = true
[pull]
    autostash = true
[branch]
    autosetupmerge = true
    autosetuprebase = always
[rerere]
    enabled = true
    autoupdate = true

The 'rerere' feature in particular is *very* useful, as it means conflict
resolutions are remembered and reapplied upon subsequent rebases. (A newish
version of git is required as it was added in the last year or so.)

I am in favour of rebasing the branch and reapplying with a force push.
I've been looking at the history looking for relevant documentation entries
so I can see how to fix Try::Tiny, and am finding that the commits are
sequentially presented back before the last point release (5.27.6) so one
must first find the tip of the merge and then look at history relative to
*that* commit in order to find the changes.