[perl #123707] [EXPERIMENT] String- and number-specific bitwise ops

From:
Sawyer X via RT
Date:
December 18, 2017 15:26
Subject:
[perl #123707] [EXPERIMENT] String- and number-specific bitwise ops
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-26883-1513610809-779.123707-15-0@perl.org
On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 11:15:03 -0800, sprout wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 22:07:56 -0800, sprout wrote:
> > The new ops &. |. ^. ~. and the strictly-numeric behaviour of & | ^ ~
> > under the
> > ‘bitwise’ feature are being added as an experiment in perl 5.22.0.
> > This ticket
> > will collect bugs and other acceptance-criteria tickets to track
> > before these
> > new ops can be considered accepted or failed in a future version of
> > perl.
>
> This feature has been in three stable releases of perl, with no
> changes to the implementation as far as I can remember.  As evidenced
> by ticket #132589, this feature is actually being used in the wild,
> and the only bug report it has had is not actually a bug in Perl, but
> in a module.
>
> I suggest we accept this feature as stable for 5.28, and enable it
> with ‘use v5.28‘.

Makes sense. Any objections?

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open