Re: Revisiting smart match

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
December 18, 2017 12:56
Re: Revisiting smart match
Message ID:
20171218125641.GH3108@iabyn.com
On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 10:51:35PM +0000, Zefram wrote:
> Father Chrysostomos wrote:
> >You did not rebase your branch.
>
> Yes.  I know a rebase and trivial merge is preferred, but in this
> case it would have been terribly time-consuming to rebase correctly.
> Resolving the conflicts just once, in the merge, was the practical way.

Please don't do this. For one thing, its against the current policy
('On merging and rebasing' in perlgit.pod).

For another, it means that the merge commit potentially contains 'hidden'
changes that are hard to view and review.

During my context stack work, my branch contained over 200 commits, and I
managed to keep it rebased against blead.

--
That he said that that that that is is is debatable, is debatable.