[perl #130038] Builtin variable for loop index in foreach

From:
Sawyer X via RT
Date:
December 18, 2017 10:28
Subject:
[perl #130038] Builtin variable for loop index in foreach
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-11016-1513592879-1144.130038-15-0@perl.org
On Tue, 05 Dec 2017 21:39:48 -0800, zefram@fysh.org wrote:
> The proposed for_idx should be implemented on CPAN, not in the core.
> This ticket should be closed.

Considering these comments, I agree it should first go on CPAN to see if it's valuable enough to add into core. The concerns revolved slowing down loops and introducing a new keyword for a feature that is not certain to be widely used. I would rather exercise caution here.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open