Re: Revisiting smart match

From:
Zefram
Date:
December 17, 2017 22:51
Re: Revisiting smart match
Message ID:
20171217225135.GJ25404@fysh.org
Father Chrysostomos wrote:
>You did not rebase your branch.

Yes.  I know a rebase and trivial merge is preferred, but in this
case it would have been terribly time-consuming to rebase correctly.
Resolving the conflicts just once, in the merge, was the practical way.

>                                 This makes it much harder for people
>trying to track when things changed and doing manual bisects.

I believe bisection handles merges just fine.  What distinction are you
making with the word "manual"?

-zefram