[perl #126150] Regex missing from perlref

From:
Sawyer X via RT
Date:
December 17, 2017 11:57
Subject:
[perl #126150] Regex missing from perlref
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-12623-1513511832-1415.126150-15-0@perl.org
On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 23:06:54 -0800, zefram@fysh.org wrote:
> I have clarified L<perlfunc/ref> in commit
> f3c710fe342032112ac92fc893f5ef050b4f7024, as a result of the tangential
> discussion here.  However, the request on this ticket is mistaken.
> "Regexp" is returned from "ref" for the perfectly regular reason that
> it is a class name.  L<perlref> has no business listing every class into
> which an object might be blessed.  This ticket should be closed.

In general, I would agree. However, in this particular case, I think there's value in adding it unlike other classes, since this is a first class citizen in the language, which differs from objects you would create with bless or new or would receive from a module.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: resolved