Re: [perl #113406] perldoc in 5.16.0 required groff upgrade but nowmisdisplays asterisks

From:
Zefram
Date:
December 14, 2017 05:35
Re: [perl #113406] perldoc in 5.16.0 required groff upgrade but nowmisdisplays asterisks
Message ID:
20171214053518.GG25404@fysh.org
[rt.cpan.org #77465] has been closed without resolving this issue.
It seems to have resolved a related issue.

I have opened [rt.cpan.org #123878] regarding this issue, formulated as
Pod::Perldoc::ToMan requesting UTF-8 output from groff when this is not
justified by the environment.  Other perldoc formatters have equivalent
problems too; I haven't raised those issues yet.

Although the problem is located in a CPAN-upstream module, it's serious
enough that I think this core ticket should remain open to track it.
This issue directly impacts the user experience of requesting
documentation from the perl core distro.

-zefram