Re: [perl #106998] DFS does not respect superclasses' MROs

From:
Zefram
Date:
December 13, 2017 20:13
Re: [perl #106998] DFS does not respect superclasses' MROs
Message ID:
20171213201344.GW25404@fysh.org
doy is right, mixing MROs doesn't make much sense.  The entire method
lookup process on one class needs to use a single MRO.  But we could
improve things by making the MRO of a class default to the MRO of its
superclasses; that would fix the empty-subclass case.  (There are details
to sort out about conflicting superclasses, order of initialisation,
deprecation cycle, and suchlike, but I don't see anything worrying.)
How does that sound to you?

-zefram