Re: RFC: Adding a perldisthist POD page

From:
Slaven Rezic
Date:
December 6, 2017 21:03
Re: RFC: Adding a perldisthist POD page
Message ID:
87tvx3y3i1.fsf@cvrsnica.herceg.de
Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <avarab@gmail.com> writes:

> I just pushed a WIP perldisthist POD page. It's like perlhist except
> it documents what OS / distro release carried a given version of perl:
>
> https://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commitdiff/f39ded76638c46278fc5caab723b1e9e30bbbbef
>
> It's currently quite sparse, just lists RHEL [567], which is already
> all I wanted out of it.
>
> I find myself looking this up more often than I'd like, and usually
> end up on some random stackoverflow thread, it would be great if this
> were part of the core perl docs.

If you like to add more information:

For Debian wheezy..stretch (buster will probably change until the
final release) see: https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/perl

Debian squeeze had 5.10.1 (see https://launchpad.net/debian/squeeze/+source/perl ).

Regards,
    Slaven

--
Slaven Rezic - slaven <at> rezic <dot> de
  BBBike - route planner for cyclists in Berlin