Re: Revisiting smart match

From:
Zefram
Date:
December 6, 2017 00:21
Re: Revisiting smart match
Message ID:
20171206002049.GA28705@fysh.org
I wrote:
>I have not yet introduced a short syntax for "when" with smartmatch,
>nor renamed "when".

I have now done these, on the zefram/dumb_match branch.  The version of
"when" that uses its argument as a truth value is now called "whereso",
and the version that smartmatches is called "whereis".  "whereso" is a
genuine English word, meaning "wheresoever", which is appropriate for its
usage.  It also reads nicely as an abbreviation of "where it is so that".
"whereis" is just the concatenation of two words, to be read as "where
the topic is a".  The "so" and "is" particles make it pretty obvious
which has which semantics.

I reckon we should merge the branch to blead.  This is the way forward
for smartmatch.  I commend it to p5p.

-zefram