develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2017

Re: Revisiting smart match

From:
Tomasz Konojacki
Date:
November 29, 2017 23:14
Re: Revisiting smart match
Message ID:
20171130001353.6A2A.5C4F47F8@xenu.pl
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 22:27:06 +0000
Zefram <zefram@fysh.org> wrote:

> Damn.  Technically there are means to unambiguously refer to a function
> with the same name as a keyword, but they're cumbersome.  And we wouldn't
> be bothered about a clash with a random CPAN module, but these MOP things
> are sufficiently widely used that it's worth avoiding the clash.
>
> Other prepositions that might serve: "about", "apropos", "per", "via".
> The geographical connotation of "about" might go well with "where".
>
> -zefram

"where" and "via" are used by Moose::Util::TypeConstraints
(which is a part of Moose) and its clones such as Type::Utils
(part of Type::Tiny).