develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2017

Re: Revisiting smart match

From:
Zefram
Date:
November 29, 2017 22:34
Re: Revisiting smart match
Message ID:
20171129223443.GA32438@fysh.org
I have changed the zefram/dumb_match branch in accordance with recent
discussion.  The new changes are to "default" and flow control:

* "default" is removed

* "given" responds to loop control keywords

* "break" is removed

* the implicit jump at the end of a "when" block is a "next"

I have not yet introduced a short syntax for "when" with smartmatch,
nor renamed "when".  I'd like to do those, and I favour having separate
keywords for the two meanings.  Currently that part of the discussion
just needs to settle on suitable keywords.

-zefram