develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2017

Re: Revisiting smart match

From:
Zefram
Date:
November 29, 2017 22:27
Re: Revisiting smart match
Message ID:
20171129222706.GO4913@fysh.org
Dan Book wrote:
>Just a note, not sure if it would be a problem here, but 'with' is heavily
>used as a function for composing roles in Moo(se) and Role::Tiny.

Damn.  Technically there are means to unambiguously refer to a function
with the same name as a keyword, but they're cumbersome.  And we wouldn't
be bothered about a clash with a random CPAN module, but these MOP things
are sufficiently widely used that it's worth avoiding the clash.

Other prepositions that might serve: "about", "apropos", "per", "via".
The geographical connotation of "about" might go well with "where".

-zefram