develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2017

Re: Revisiting smart match

From:
Father Chrysostomos
Date:
November 28, 2017 20:47
Re: Revisiting smart match
Message ID:
20171128204704.14185.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
Zefram wrote:
> Pairing "with" with "where" could work.

Nice.

I know this is not necessarily a concern, but 'with' means something
completely different in JavaScript.  But perl's object model is dif-
ferent enough I know I will not get confused, even though I am a heavy
with() user when I program in JS.

Actually there is some similarity.  with() in JavaScript means we are
going to imply something.  with() in Perl will mean we are implying
something now.  Not bad.