develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2017

Re: Revisiting smart match

From:
Martijn Lievaart
Date:
November 28, 2017 18:26
Re: Revisiting smart match
Message ID:
ae5f9af3-5629-8332-6fb8-d64fe0fc1e74@rtij.nl
Op 28-11-17 om 19:06 schreef Father Chrysostomos:
> Zefram wrote:
>> Father Chrysostomos wrote:
>> But in the case of the truth-value
>> condition, the other part is just "if", so we need a synonym for "if", and
>> we had therefore better make it as distinct from "if" as possible to at
>> least hint that it's not the same thing.
> And we end up with 'when', which is often interchangeable with 'if'.

'if' has mental connotations with an if statement, so using 'if' for a
boolean expression and 'when' for a matcher makes intuitive sense to me.

Cheers,
M4