develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2017

Re: Revisiting smart match

From:
Zefram
Date:
November 27, 2017 19:17
Re: Revisiting smart match
Message ID:
20171127191742.GK4913@fysh.org
Eirik Berg Hanssen wrote:
>  This voice from the peanut gallery would like to know if the two
>different constructs could use two different keywords,

They could, you're absolutely right.  We have not ruled that out, and
it really hasn't been considered before.

As an implementor, I'd be happy with separate keywords.  As a user,
I'm unlikely to make much use of the switch keywords, so I'd like to
hear from people who would use them often.

-zefram