develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2017

[perl #132467] Possible Net::Ftp bug

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
November 20, 2017 14:14
Subject:
[perl #132467] Possible Net::Ftp bug
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-7190-1511187270-1950.132467-15-0@perl.org
On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 21:38:25 GMT, brettacook@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been trying for the past day to script FTP access to my ftp
> system.  I got it down to the point where I had two Wireshark traces
> side-by-side with the same commands sent and in the scripting case, it
> looks like the lower-level Perl libraries do something strange,
> resulting in an error message of:Net::FTP=GLOB(0x3ec6618)<<< 450
> Transfer aborted. Link to file server lost
> I have attached screenshots of the Wireshark traces - one that worked
> and the scripted one that failed (can't provide the full Wireshark
> trace because it includes the username/password combination.  However,
> the command sequence was:
> binarycd /public_html/GeneratedFiles/CdCoversput
> FilesToUpload/CdCovers/I_Love_You__Dude.jpgquit
> The file is 5803 bytes long.
> The perl script I was using did the following (note I changed the ftp
> server name, my username, and my password):
> my $FtpSession = Net::FTP->new("ftp.server.com", Timeout => 120,
> Passive => 0, Hash => \*STDERR, Debug => 1) or die "Cannot connect FTP
> session: $@";$FtpSession->login(username,password) or die "Cannot
> login: $@";$FtpSession->binary or die "Cannot set binary: $@";my
> $DataConnection = $FtpSession->stor("I_Love_You__Dude.jpg") or die
> "Can't open data connection";my $AmountWritten = $DataConnection-
> >write($string, $Filesize);$DataConnection->close();$FtpSession-
> >close();
> I tried using the $FtpSession->Put() method, but it had the same
> result.  I went with the above method during debugging because it
> allowed me to get the exact same command sequence as the manual method
> of ftp.
> I have also attached (as a text file), my package versions along with
> the version of perl I'm using (ActiveState).
> If there is further information I can provide, please let me know.
> Thanks,Brett
> P.S. I also submitted to ActiveState, as I'm not sure what the correct
> procedure for reporting module bugs is.

Net::FTP is part of the libnet distribution, which is maintained upstream on CPAN.  The upstream maintainers need to examine this ticket, so I have opened a ticket at:

Thank you very much.

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---