develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2017

Re: Fwd: Re: BBC: DBM::Deep

From:
Father Chrysostomos
Date:
November 17, 2017 14:31
Re: Fwd: Re: BBC: DBM::Deep
Message ID:
20171117143129.20989.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
Zefram wrote:
> The change in core behaviour is intentional and should remain.  As long as
> DBM::Deep has its own warnif logic (which it has for a valid reason, see
> comment in its source) it needs to keep the hack up to date.  Fortunately,
> the change required in DBM::Deep is very easy, not even requiring any Perl
> version condition.  It just needs to drop the checks of the bits for the
> "all" category.  Those checks are now not correct, but interestingly
> they also don't do anything on older Perl versions.  They're correct on
> older Perl versions, but only relevant for non-core warning categories,
> and DBM::Deep only uses this duplicated warnif on a core category.

Thank you.  I have write access to the DBM::Deep repository.  I can
change it myself (probably on the weekend).