develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2017

Re: dual-life ejections

From:
ilmari
Date:
November 15, 2017 21:10
Re: dual-life ejections
Message ID:
d8jvaib5jv7.fsf@dalvik.ping.uio.no
Zefram <zefram@fysh.org> writes:

> These distros are dual-life with upstream=cpan and aren't part of the
> CPAN toolchain or used by anything else bundled with the core:
>
> 	B-Debug

This one has been marked as deprecated in core as of version 1.25
(commit 0283ad960acb937e9387b3323f1f7852c2adb0fa).

> 	File-Fetch
> 	Memoize
> 	Sys-Syslog
>
> I think they should each be ejected from the core (via deprecation cycle).

I concur.  If nobody objects, I'll submit patches upstream to add the
appropriate uses of deprecate.pm.

- ilmari
--
- Twitter seems more influential [than blogs] in the 'gets reported in
  the mainstream press' sense at least.               - Matt McLeod