develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2017

Re: Implementing script runs

From:
Eirik Berg Hanssen
Date:
November 5, 2017 19:07
Re: Implementing script runs
Message ID:
CAHAeAG7MsppspuTuNbwoP1QWodBie=vuc2TNpQ=Q4vgvy7YODw@mail.gmail.com
On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 7:50 PM, Father Chrysostomos <sprout@cpan.org> wrote:

> Karl Williamson wrote:
> > In thinking about it, I came up with
> >
> > (?+{extended_modifier_1}{extended_modifier_2}: ... )
> >
> > with the plus intuitively meaning "more".
>
> If you use a plus, you do not need the braces.
>
>     (?+extended_modiifer_1,extended_modifier_2:)
>
> Short modifiers can go before the plus:
>
>     (?mix+script_run:...)

  You'd need another plus after a hyphen then, won't you?

  (?m+foo,bar-i+baz:...)

  Too confusing, isn't it?

  (?+m{foo}{bar}-i{baz}:...)

  Yeah, I think I prefer that colour for this particular bikeshed ... it's
easier on the old eyes.

Eirik, wondering if we even need the question mark

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>