develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2017

Re: [perl #132379] perldoc folds S<non breaking text> if =encodingis present

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
October 31, 2017 11:56
Re: [perl #132379] perldoc folds S<non breaking text> if =encodingis present
Message ID:
20171031115606.GW3083@iabyn.com
On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 11:04:57PM -0700, via RT wrote:
> The "perldoc" command folds S<supposedly non breakable text>
> if any =encoding statement is present (even =encoding latin1).

the perldoc script is just a very thin wrapper around the Pod::Perldoc
module, and there is presumably where the bug lies. That module is
maintained upstream, so you'll need to report the bug there:

https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=Pod-Perldoc

Note that 5.24.1 bundles an older version of Pod::Perldoc, so it's
possible that the bug has already been fixed in a newer version.

--
In my day, we used to edit the inodes by hand.  With magnets.