develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2017

vutil.c changes

From:
Father Chrysostomos
Date:
October 8, 2017 19:38
Subject:
vutil.c changes
Message ID:
20171008193838.15960.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
I have just noticed e63f47ca, which adds a CUSTOMIZED entry for
vutil.c, which was changed in 7394beb140 (vutil.c: use new SvPVCLEAR
and constant string friendly macros).

This comment at the top of vutil.c seems to be repeatedly ignored:

/* This file is part of the "version" CPAN distribution.  Please avoid
   editing it in the perl core. */

This makes it harder to keep the CPAN and core versions of version in
sync.  I do not see anything in 7394beb140 that changes the behaviour.
All it does is make sure this version of vutil.c will not run on older
perls, so that it cannot be synchronised with the CPAN dist.  I might
revert it soon, if nobody objects.