develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2017

[perl #131982] getpriority and setpriority are underdocumented

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
September 27, 2017 05:20
Subject:
[perl #131982] getpriority and setpriority are underdocumented
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-24468-1506489638-1363.131982-15-0@perl.org
On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 01:54:53 -0700, LeonT wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 2:01 AM, Tony Cook <tony@develop-help.com> wrote:
>
> > > I agree.
> > >

> > > I'd heard of it, but never used it.  I've never used (get|set)priority()
> > in core.
> > >
> > > I can see three solutions:
> > >
> > > 1) add the constants to Fcntl - except these constants aren't defined by
> > fcntl.h, so they don't really belong.
> > >
> > > 2) create a new core module Sys::Resource (to match <sys/resource.h>,
> > which defines the constants.  Of course this duplicates the work
> > BSD::Resource already does better.
> > >
> > > 3) link to BSD::Resource
> > >
> > > Out of these 3) seems the most palatable.
> >
> > Another option would be POSIX.pm, since these are defined in POSIX.
>

> As much as I dislike how bloated POSIX already is, that does feel like the
> most logical solution to me.

Patching attached.

I'll apply in a few days if no-one objects.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open