develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2017

[perl #132105] SIGUNUSED removal in glibc 2.26 changes PL_sig_name /SIG_SIZE

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
September 27, 2017 04:27
Subject:
[perl #132105] SIGUNUSED removal in glibc 2.26 changes PL_sig_name /SIG_SIZE
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-24589-1506486462-1429.132105-15-0@perl.org
On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 10:46:17 -0700, ntyni@debian.org wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 08:47:43PM -0700, Tony Cook via RT wrote:
> > The real fix for blead would probably be to make SIG_SIZE a variable,
> > or for code that iterates over sig_num[] to terminate on the 0 at the
> > end.
>
> Making SIG_SIZE a variable on the Perl core side works for me and
> would
> avoid this in the future.

Making SIG_SIZE a variable would further break Async::Interrupt, since it contains:

  static async_t *sig_async [SIG_SIZE];

which would fail to compile if SIG_SIZE isn't a compile-time constant.

So I don't think there's anything else we can do to handle this.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open