develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2017

Re: [perl #131762] perldoc output misbehaviour

From:
Zefram
Date:
September 22, 2017 16:00
Re: [perl #131762] perldoc output misbehaviour
Message ID:
20170922160033.GA16877@fysh.org
I wrote:
>Pod::Perldoc (and hence the perldoc(1) command) have bad behaviour
>regarding the form of their output
>I think this should be a 5.28.0 blocker.

Bump.  We're halfway to contentious code freeze and this hasn't been
addressed.  The current Pod::Perldoc 3.28 still generates unpageable
output by default, and still makes unportable changes to pager
configuration.  If this doesn't get fixed upstream soonish, we should
customise Pod::Perldoc in blead in the obvious manner (default to ToText
renderer on all platforms, never call $formatter->pager_configuration).

-zefram