develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2017

[perl #132138] t/run/switches.t failures under miniperl

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
September 20, 2017 23:12
Subject:
[perl #132138] t/run/switches.t failures under miniperl
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-12746-1505949164-18.132138-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  James E Keenan
# Please include the string:  [perl #132138]

As documented in https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=132137,
'miniperl' is not well documented, particularly underneath the 'pod/'
directory where one would expect such documentation.

Consequently, I can't definitively say why the following test fails, but
I suspect that modules cannot be 'require'd under 'miniperl'.

#####
$ ./miniperl t/run/switches.t

1..137
ok 1 - -0
ok 2 - -0 after a -l
ok 3 - -0 before a -l
ok 110 - no warnings/errors without backup extension
ok 111 - correct output without backup extension
Can't locate File/Spec.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
File::Spec module) (@INC contains: ../lib) at t/run/switches.t line 424.
# Looks like you planned 137 tests but ran 111.

#####

Attached is a 'grep' of t/run/switches.t showing where File::Spec is
required and invoked.

What is the recommended fix?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan